Friday, July 20, 2007

Favorite Quotes

Treasures to Scrap (treasurestoscrap.com), on of my favorite places to visit online, posts challenges occasionally. One of my favorite challenges they have is posting to your blog. I love to read about and get to know other people who are on the site. This is my ramblings on the most recent challenge of what my favorite quote is:

Through my life I have had a lot of favorite quotes. But the one that has ALWAYS stayed with me through everything is ...

Even if you cannot change the world, you can change your attitude!

When I am blue, I remember this and force myself to smile. When I am hurt, I remember this and try to turn the hurt into something positive. When I am angry, I remember this and realize that life is way too short to be angry.

I cannot change other people! But I can change myself and how I react.

My other favorite is of course biblical...

2 CORINTHIANS 4:17-18 NLT
17 For our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever!
18 So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever.

No matter what I endure in this life, I KNOW that I have a better place waiting for me. I am only here for a very short time. I will KNOW a joy that will last forever.

Whatever problems I have, whatever pain I endure, whatever heartache...it will only last a short time, even if it is for the rest of my life here on earth.

Live life for today...tomorrow may never come!

1 comment: