Monday, August 13, 2007

Celebrating A Life

Morning to all!

As I sit here this morning, I think of all of the wonderful people I have in my life. You have all encouraged me, strengthened me and befriended me in ways that I can never repay.

It is with saddened heart yet with happiness that I tell you my sister Laurette has passed away. Her other sister, her husband, and many other friends have come to peace with her wishes to be with her Lord! I am forever thankful that I was able to be with her as she left this world and this little woman with a huge heart, much, much faith, and courage has gone to be with the Father. She is at peace! She is happy!

In the past few days, she has taught me so much. Not once did she cry or become rude or difficult with any of her nurses. She said please, thank you and was kind to all who came to see her. Even when she was tired, she gave strength to those who were around her. She has touched so many lives here and everywhere she has been. Her friends are many and each one has given me a story of her courage and her faith!

The tears I cry are more for myself than for her. The sadness I feel is for my loss. I am very happy to know that she is where she wanted to be, with the Lord. For the next few days, I will celebrate her life. I knew her for but a moment!

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I am truly blessed by you and your friendship!

To My Sister
I treasure the moments,
each hour,
each day.
Each memory,
each promise,
like it was yesterday.
I learned from example,
all values,
all truth.
All visions,
all cherished
I received them from you.
When God thought of sisters,
their laughter,
their worth,
their love and their friendship,
He thought of you first.



God Bless,


2 CORINTHIANS 4:17-18 NLT17 For our present troubles are quite small and won't last verylong. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory thatwill last forever!18 So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For thetroubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come willlast forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss! I know she will always be with you.

Jessica's Creative Corner said...

Anglea,

We are praying for you all. ((Hugs))

Jessica Dromgoole & Family