Monday, August 22, 2016

Moving Forward

I have started making some MAJOR changes in my life. How I look at things...what I read...how I feel...what I think. I am surprised and pleased with the changes I see and feel in such a short time. The decisions I have made and the ease at which these decisions have been made. My attitude is one of gratitude...one of peace. I am not rushing to find someone or something. I do not need to replace what I have lost. I am happy with myself. The moment I typed that last phrase I felt this little pitter patter of my heart in the knowledge that what I just wrote was true. I am happy with myself. Life is easy. Easier than I was making it. I am reading a variety of books on how to improve myself...how to date...how to succeed in my dreams. Something I need to remember is sometimes people come into your life to be "teachers". Sometimes they're not meant to be your lover or your husband or your friend - sometimes, they're meant to be a teacher. And the life lesson they are teaching you, while very painful. . .is also VERY valuable as well. Because through your painful experience, this person, this teacher, has actually taught you what NOT to tolerate, what NOT to do and in doing so. . .actually helps you better determine what you need, what you SHOULD do and how you should expect to be treated by others. So believe it or not - a lot of good can come from these painful experiences, if you look at the individual who hurt you as a "teacher" of sorts. You may not have known what you wanted or needed or were worthy of previous to meeting them, but after your experience with them - they have helped you narrow down what you do want, what you are worthy of and what you need from another individual as your partner.

"People come into your life for a reason (teacher), a season (guide) or a lifetime (soul mate)."

I am learning. I am making lists. I am changing.

No comments: